My 2 Step | 12 Step Program of Recovery
To the best of my ability I will act in a manner that leads to the alleviation of unnecessary pain and suffering.
For these 2 Steps & 12 Steps to Work, and create meaningful and lasting Change, I must be OPEN to Change, WILLING to Change, and be HONEST about WHEN, and WHERE, and WHY, and WHAT I must change.
If PEACE is what I want, then PEACE is what I shall receive, because peace is who “i AM”…and…peace is the innate quality of BEiNG.
This is WHY we change. Now, this is HOW WE CHANGE…
The 2 Steps
- Who is “i”? – “i AM”. “i AM” peace. “i AM” joy. (this is the future ME, NOW), “i AM” [whatever] i consciously choose to be, in this moment.
- What do “i” want? – i do not want. i do not want to cause harm. i do not want suffering. (this is the past ME, NOW “i AM suffering” no more), i consciously choose [whatever] i do not want, that still subconsciously influences my perception and interpretation of REALiTY, in this moment.
*** We insert [whatever] word of our choosing, for each question ***
Note: To want is to desire and want and desire always leads to suffering. To not want, is to not desire, thus we are free from desire, and free from the cycle of suffering.
The 12 Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over our SELF, that our BEiNG had become unmanageable.
- Came to understand that a problem cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that created it, and that Conscious Intention and Conscious Awareness could restore us to sanity.
- Made a conscious choice, to stop, take a knee, and a long deep breath, and to begin to practice Active Listening, as the First Step towards Conscious Intention and Conscious Awareness.
- With our full awareness, we made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to our conscious self, and shared with an ENLiGHTENED BEiNG, the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to surrender all our defects of character.
- Made a conscious choice, to begin to accept our shortcomings, and to compassionately transform them into our greatest assets.
- Made a list of all other BEiNGS we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such BEiNGS wherever possible, except when to do so would cause unnecessary harm or suffering to our SELF, or other BEiNGS.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we acted inappropriately, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through Active Listening (Prayer & Meditation) to improve our Conscious Intention and Conscious Awareness. We asked only for knowledge and wisdom, in the pursuit of ever lasting peace and joy, and acted appropriately in every moment, in order to do no harm and end suffering.
- Having experienced enlightenment, as a result of these steps, we carry this message to others who still suffer, and practice these principles in each moment.
NOW “i AM” THE CHANGE…